I have been a bad, bad blogger lately. It’s shameful, really. I have no excuse other than the usual – work and a general lack of inspiration.
So how about a list? Lists are easy.
1) The weather has been DISMAL. Rainy, dreary, gray. Terrible. For several weeks now. During the peak of fall foliage season, no less. Make it stop, please.
2) We’ve managed to get out for a few adventures, despite the crappy weather. I finally conquered Wright Peak. Woo! Truly, I kicked its ass. Dare I say I’m actually sort of semi-in shape now?
3) And we took a quick jaunt up Baxter Mountain during a break in the rain to catch some of the fall color.
4) I’ve discovered a new love: Scotch. This is in addition to, not in place of, my love for red wine. And beer. No, I don’t have a problem – why do you ask?
5) We’ve been rock climbing a lot more lately (when it’s not raining), which is an awesomely good time. I’ve missed it. We don’t have a lot of pictures because for some reason we always forget the camera when we go. We’re probably too focused on not killing ourselves.
6) I haven’t provided a Foster update in a long time. I know that upsets you. You’ll be pleased to hear that he’s doing quite well and has pretty much fully adjusted to life as a no-longer-only-child. He just doesn’t like it when his butt gets sniffed, which occurs at least a few times a day. He’s compensated by finding a box to spend most of his time in. His butt is well-protected that way.
6) Speaking of butt-sniffers, Willa Jean is growing up way too fast. Where did our puppy go? We love her so much. This photo was taken a few weeks ago, so she’s grown up even more since then. I just love this picture and I haven’t had a chance to post it yet, so here you go:
7) And speaking of puppies, we adopted another one. For real. We’ve had her a week now. It was a rough adjustment at first. I’ll leave it at that for now and let Dave expand on it if he feels like it.
Her name is Esther Mae. Esther is after one of the 46 Adirondack High Peaks – the only High Peak to be named after a woman. Mae is because all of our animals must have two names. That’s just the way it is around here. I dare you to tell me she’s not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen.
8 ) We’re now officially outnumbered. Wish us luck.